North has created a comprehensive package of liability cover that can be tailored to meet the needs of any charterer.
- Fixed premium
- Standard P&I and FD&D cover for the same risks as mutual Members
- Additional cover for risks specific to chartering
- Variable limits
- Flexibility in declarations
P&I and FD&D Risks
Standard cover is available for the following risks:
- Contractual Liabilities
- Damage to Fixed and Floating Objects ("FFO")
- Fines (customs, immigration and accidental pollution)
- Freight, Demurrage and Defence Cover ("FD&D")
- General Average (charterer’s contributions)
- Personal Injury
- War Risks (including terrorism)
- Wreck Removal
In addition to the above risks, special cover is available for the following risks:
- Containers and container liability
- Damage to Hull
- Kidnap & Ransom
- Loss of Freight or Hire
- Specialist Operations
- Through Transport liabilities for damage caused by Cargo
For more information on additional cover, please see Extended & Ancillary Covers.
The limit for standard charterer’s liability cover is US$350,000,000, although lower limits are available in order to control premium. Higher limits are also available if required. Separate limits can be arranged for liabilities for damage to hull, liabilities arising from ownership of cargo, bunkers, and loss of freight or hire. All of which can be covered by Combined Single Limits up to a maximum overall of US$750,000,000.
Flexibility in Declaration
Whilst the usual method of declaration is to declare ships and the amount of time on charter as and when they are delivered, it is possible to consider rating schemes which involve declaration of overall tonnage or even cargoes lifted, and to make these declarations monthly, quarterly or annually. For more information, please contact your usual underwriting contact.