For current and prospective members, policyholders or an individual associated with a member or policyholder; such as a skipper, crew member or ship owner we may collect the following information:
- Names and titles
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Bank account details
- Passport details
- Visa details
- Identification number
- Details of criminal convictions and offences
Special category data
- Details of illnesses or injuries, medical reports
We need to collect this personal data from you, including information about your health or criminal records, to enable us to enter into or perform insurance contracts underwritten by us or otherwise to comply with legal obligations in relation to our insurance business. In some cases we need to collect this personal data for relationship management purposes, to make payment of invoices and in the legitimate interests of our business.
In accordance with the regulation we have established the following lawful reasons for the processing of this data.
- In some instances you will have provided your consent to the collection and sharing of this information.
- Necessary for the performance of a contract which you are a party to; or
- Necessary for the compliance with a legal obligation to which the Group are subject; or
- Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us in relation to fully assessing the insurance cover being provided, relationship management purposes, and keeping our records up to date.
Where we are required to collect and process personal data about you in relation to an insurance contract to which you are being provided insurance cover, but you are not a party to the insurance contract, for example an accident and sickness policy, this is necessary to enable us to perform insurance contracts we have entered into in the legitimate interests of our business.
Special category and criminal conviction data
Data Protection Legislation allows for the processing of special category and criminal conviction data for an insurance purpose, this includes:
- The processing of such data for advising on , arranging, underwriting or administering of an insurance contract.
- Administering a claim under an insurance contract.
The above information may also be provided to us from brokers, agents, intermediaries, correspondents, surveyors and professional advisors.
We may also collect information from publicly available sources, such as Companies House, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, and via insurance industry fraud prevention and detection databases and sanctions screening tools.
We may combine this with the information provided by you.